- This event has passed.
New Zealand South Island Tour
October 31, 2017 @ 8:30 am - November 14, 2017 @ 10:00 am
Join Lynne Walker, on a personal tour to New Zealand to visit her favourite gardens. Visiting the best of the South Island’s gardens ranging from grand and historic gardens to special private gardens not normally open to the public, Lynne will introduce you to her fabulous selection of private and well-known gardens and some passionate gardeners as well. See spectacular and dramatic scenery, castles and wineries, visit artisans and galleries and, along the way, enjoy delicious regional food and wine.
- The grandeur and history of some of New Zealand’s oldest gardens
- Gardens of national and international significance, mixed with a few younger gardens
- The garden city of Christchurch and the historic French settlement of Akaroa
- Luxuriant woodland gardens tucked under the Southern Alps
- Garden tours, interior tours and unforgettable meals at both of New Zealand’s only two castles
- Special access to private gardens
- The heritage university city of Dunedin, Larnach Castle and a flourishing South Sea Island garden
- The turquoise lakes of Wanaka and Queenstown.
Details of the full intinerary available at AGHS-NZ Garden Tour.
Our tour leader is Lynne Walker. Originally from N.Z., Lynne has lived in the New England region for nearly thirty years and has been a member of AGHS for over twenty years. She has served on the National Management Committee for two terms, was Convenor of the AGHS Northern NSW National Conference in 2013, and took a garden tour to the U.K. in 2012. She writes for several magazines both national and international, while continuing to farm on a property between Guyra and Armidale with her husband Richard Bird. AGHS members may remember her as the Old Mole’s Moll.
For more details call (02) 6775 0208 or email: email@example.com.
This tour immediately the follows the 38th Annual Conference – Marvellous Melbourne – the challenge of change.