Authors: Suzanne Hunt and Anne Coleman
The neighbouring properties of Mooleric and Turkeith are situated outside the Western District town of Birregurra. First settled in the late 1830s these properties were originally part of larger holdings.
Turkeith was a section of Mount Hesse station until 1861 when, under the requirements of the Nicholson Act, this large station was subdivided and Mooleric was part of the 21,717 acre Mt. Gellibrand holding.