- This event has passed.
WA Branch: A Day in the Country
18 September 2022 @ 11:30 am - 3:00 pm AWST
The earliest cottage at Lowlands. (Image: Historic Homesteads of Australia, Vol 2, Australian Council of National Trusts, 1976)
AGHS WA Branch is pleased to present a Day in the Country visiting Lowlands.
This year the annual day in the country will involve a trip to the historic rural property Lowlands, at Mardella in the Serpentine area. The property was established in the1840s and has an interesting complex of buildings as well early plantings which include olives, a jacaranda planted in 1884 and orchard.
- 11:30am Meet at Railway Park, Patterson Street, Mundijong, opposite the IGA where notes on the property will be distributed.
- 11:45am Leave and proceed in convoy to Lowlands
- 12:00 Noon Arrive and park
- 12:15pm Meet the Richardsons, the current owners, to hear about the history of Lowlands
- 12:45pm Walking tour of the property which is relatively flat but wear sensible shoes.
- 1:30pm BYO Picnic lunch in the grounds
- 3:00pm Depart
The number of tickets is limited so book early!
Cost: $20.00 (AGHS members) $25.00 (non-members).
50 cent ticket fee applies to online bookings
Book: through Trybooking.
For any enquiries, assistance or apologies please contact Lynette Petersen / firstname.lastname@example.org / 0439 941 822.