By using our (Australian Garden History Society) website, you agree to the following conditions.
Product pricing and availability
All pricing displayed on the Australian Garden History Society website (www.gardenhistorysociety.org.au) is in Australian Dollars (AUD) and includes Australian Goods and Services Tax (inc GST) with the exception of overseas product shipments, conferences and events.
Product, subscription and event descriptions, pricing, availability, delivery and other charges are current at the time of publishing, but are subject to variation without notice.
Whilst we always aim to be as accurate as possible in describing pricing and availability of products, subscriptions and events, we are unable to warrant that product, subscription and event descriptions or other content of the website is accurate, complete, current and error free. As many of our products are of limited supply, availability of products cannot always be guaranteed.
If we discover an error in the price of any products, subscriptions or event registrations which you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you and the corrected price is higher, we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel due to a price correction and you have already paid for the items, we will refund the amount paid in full.
Placing your order
Placement of a product order, subscription or registration by you constitutes an offer to enter into an agreement with us. We will send an order confirmation to you by email for the sole purpose of confirming the details of your offer. Any error in these details should be communicated to us immediately. It is important to note, however, that this order confirmation email does not constitute an acceptance of your offer by Australian Garden History Society nor reflect the status of your order in any way.
Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place upon receipt of full payment and dispatch to you of the product, subscription or registration ordered, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it.
Cancelling you order
You have the right to cancel your product or subscription order at any time before your order is dispatched without charge. Conference and event cancellation may incur a booking cancellation fee, details of which are displayed on the registration form.
We reserve the right to cancel or refuse any order, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged or you have paid through PayPal, bank transfer or cheque.
If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, we will immediately process a refund / credit to your credit card. If you have paid through PayPal and your order is cancelled, we will issue you a refund through PayPal immediately. If you have paid via bank transfer, we will refund the payment back to your bank account as soon the funds have cleared in our account. If you have paid with cheque, we will destroy the cheque. If you have paid with cash, we will return the cash to you.
Once goods have been dispatched to you, you may return any product to us as outlined in the “Returns Policy” below.
Purchased products may be returned to us if:
- A purchased item is faulty
- A purchased item is not what you ordered
Returns are accepted under the following conditions:
- Returns are permitted within 30 days of receiving the purchased products, or in the case of warranty returns, within 1 year of the purchase date.
- Returns must be pre-authorised by Australian Garden History Society. Please do not send goods to us before you have contacted us, described the reason for the return, and been cleared to ship the goods in order that we can track the progress of your return. Returns delivered without prior authorisation may be rejected.
- Returned good must be in their original condition, with original packaging (if any), and shipped with a copy of the receipt. Damaged, marked, excessively worn or improperly used goods will not be accepted for warranty return.
- In all circumstances, you will be required to cover the shipping cost of returning damaged or unwanted goods to Australian Garden History Society.
- Depending on your preference, and the availability of stock, we will either:
- Replace the returned goods with equivalent product at no charge; or
- Refund the purchase price of the returned goods, less the original shipping cost.
- You may need to provide us with details of the bank account to which the refund can be transferred in the event that a credit card or PayPal refund is not possible.
Australian Garden History Society provides a 1 year warranty on the quality of all products sold by us. If any new product does not meet the standard of quality and workmanship normally expected of such product and therefore does not fulfill its intended purpose, then it may be returned and replaced or refunded as per the above “Returns Policy”.
Loss or damage caused during shipment is not covered under this warranty.
Purchased products are shipped by:
- Australia Post; or
- Other freight service suitable for the product ordered and your shipping address.
We do not currently offer the option of express shipping.
Note that the offered shipping methods do not insure the value of the goods shipped. Loss or damage of goods during shipment are not the responsibility of Australian Garden History Society.
We charge average cost-price for product packing, dispatching and shipping. Freight costs are based the shipping address country provided by you.
Delivery time frames
The time between placing your order and delivery of purchased goods (excluding digital/softcopy products and subscriptions) includes order processing time, back-order time, dispatch time and shipping transit time.
Order processing time is typically 1-5 business days. However, in the case of bank transfer and cheque payment methods this may be longer.
Dispatch time is typically 1 business day but may vary due to operational considerations. Subscription purchases are not dispatched until the subsequent edition of the product/publication is available.
Typical shipping transit times for goods following dispatch are:
- Australian domestic postage: 1-5 business days
- International postage: 6+ business days
Note that these are typical shipping times only and actual shipping times may vary.
Payment methods and surcharges
The following payment options are available:
- Credit Card / Debit Card – Visa, Mastercard or American Express (via website Stripe facility) + 1.75% transaction surcharge applies
- PayPal (for donations only) – From your PayPal account, or using Visa, Mastercard, American Express or bank account + 2.6% + $0.30 transaction surcharge applies
- Australian Bank Transfer – In-branch or online banking transfer from your Australian bank account to the Australian Garden History Society bank account + No surcharge applies
- International Bank Transfer – Bank transfer from your non-Australian bank account to the Australian Garden History Society bank account + $12.00 AUD transaction surcharge applies
- Australian Cheque – Post an AUD cheque to Australian Garden History Society + No surcharge applies
Note that all prices on the website are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and that all payments must be received by Australian Garden History Society in AUD. Contact your bank to ensure that payments made in currencies other than AUD are exchanged to the correct AUD amount.
Payment is deemed to have been made only when the funds have cleared in our account. At this point we commence the process of dispatching the ordered products or confirming your subscription or registration.
We keep your credit card, debit card and PayPal details secure using a number of methods.
The Australian Garden History Society website uses SSL data encryption and a Certificate Authority to prevent the interception of any details you provide over the internet via your browser during payment.
Credit card and debit card details entered on the Australian Garden History Society website are never retained by the website, and are forwarded directly to the Stripe payment service for processing. If, in the website shop, you elect to save your credit card details for future use, these are stored on Stripe’s secure facility and are not stored on the AGHS website.
Your PayPal details are not entered via the Australian Garden History Society website, but are instead processed directly by the PayPal website during payment.
Our contact details
If you wish to clarify or seek further details regarding any of the above Terms & Conditions, we can be contacted as follows:
Australian Garden History Society (ABN )
Postal Address: Gate Lodge, 100 Birdwood Avenue, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
Telephone: +61 (0)3 9650 5043